A fire which broke out in one of Buck County’s assisted living community which caused the injury of four people. At least three employees and a 79-year-old resident of Wood River Village in Bensalem were taken to a hospital after a fire at assisted living community Thursday morning, police said.
A 79-year-old woman and three others were injured in the fire and were treated for injuries sustained after fire broke out at an assisted living community in Bucks County.
Three employees and a 79-year-old resident of Wood River Village in Bensalem were taken to a hospital after a fire at the retirement community Thursday morning, police said.
As of late Friday, three employees, who were hospitalized, were released from St. Mary Medical Center.
According to Sgt. Andrew Aninsman, concerned neighbors immediately called 911 to inform about the blaze which affected some apartments of the community. Fire and police investigators responded to the call at 9:45 a.m. and found an apartment in the F building ablaze at the facility, at 3200 Bensalem Blvd.
Responding to the scene were Bensalem Fire Rescue, Newport and Penndel fire companies. Fire officials said that the blaze start at around at 9:45 o’clock in the morning of Thursday at the Wood River Village Retirement Community in Bensalem.
Bensalem Battalion Chief Rob Sponheimer said that firefighters quickly quenched the blaze, which had spread to the living room of the apartment. Four apartments at the facility at Hulmeville Road and Bensalem Road were evacuated as crews worked to bring the fire under control. The four nearby units suffered smoke damage and eight residents had to be relocated to other apartments within the complex.
Investigators said the fire appeared to have started in a heating unit in apartment F-111 and spread into the walls. The fire began from the heating unit and spread into the walls. The Fire Department are conducting an investigation.
The injured victims were transported to St. Mary Medical Center in Middletown, where they were given treatment for smoke inhalation. One employee was suffering from minor burns.
Three employees and a 79-year-old resident were taken to area hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation and burns. Eight residents have been moved to other apartments within the complex.
If you or a loved has suffered due to negligence you may wish to consult with experienced Injury Lawyers. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Please note strict deadline apply and it is in your best interest to contact an attorney immediately.